The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge
** The first challenge is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.
You decide which one of the three challenges is best for you.
Here are the guidelines:
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
4) Our goal is to read 12, 25, or 50 books checkout from our local library in 2009. Please decide which when you sign up and don’t change it. ***
5) These can be audios, downloads, children’s, YA. As long as it’s a book, format and target age group does not matter.
***Update: You do not have to decided on your books ahead of time. You can add or subtract from your list during the year.
I’ve always loved going to the library. This challenge fits perfectly with the Young Adult Book Challenge, so I’m going to try getting all those books from the library.
Want to join me? Sign up at J. Kaye’s Book Blog!
6 thoughts on “The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge”
I just wish my library was convenient. It’s downtown, with no parking to speak of, and the hours stink too…
I will do it!
Happy Birthday, Terrie!
Hmmmm – tempting. I am intrigued by this. I’ll have to give it a thinkover.
Now I’m making up words. Mabye I should have more caffeine before I start reading blogs.
Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven’t already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.
What a fun, but definitely challenging quest! I would love to do this too, but I just don’t have enough time to sit down and read through that many books, sadly.
Comments are closed.