Knitting - FOs

I finished the third hat!

Green Hat

This is the third hat I’ve made for the Soaring Eagles Project. Unfortunately, it took a bit longer than I expected because I had some issues with the yarn. For some reason, this yarn seemed so much different than the yarn for the other 2 hats. I couldn’t find the end of the yarn, so I finally had to unravel the skein so I could make a center-pull ball of yarn. That proved to be very difficult and tedious, since I don’t have a swift or ball winder! I was doing alright until I got to the knot towards the end of the skein. I worked on that thing forever and could not get it undone! The yarn finally ripped and since I was beginning to lose my temper mildly upset, I just threw the end away.

Of course, the whole time I was knitting I was worried about running out of yarn. I was also planning on doing a 2 inch ribbing on this hat, but I forgot until I had finished the first row, and I didn’t want to start over. Plus, I had some problems the last time I tried ribbing, and I wanted this hat to look nice. Luckily, once I started the actual knitting, everything went fine and I finished pretty quickly.

Here’s a picture of all three hats that I mailed off today:
Three Hats

On my way home from the post office, I stopped at Michaels and picked up some Lion Brand Yarn. I’d like to try and make a couple more hats and send them off before the 18th!