I saw this at radarkaty.blogspot:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love the idea of wrapping paper, but I never seem to be able to wrap the gifts as beautifully as I intended, so I only wrap gifts I need to mail. Gift bags end up being easier to hand-deliver.
2. Real tree or artificial? An artificial tree that is pre-lit!
3. When do you put up the tree? My parents never put up the tree until after my birthday (the 9th), but in the last few years, I’ve tried to put it up the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? By the New Year; the magic is really gone after Christmas!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, although we don’t buy it, so I only drink it at other people’s houses.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Every year my aunt and uncle, who live in Washington, mailed an ornament to my sister and me. It was always fun to unwrap the gift and see what the new ornament was and then put it on our tree.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, because I never know what to get for him, and Nathan because the things he likes are usually too expensive or hard to find (read: imports).
9. Easiest person to buy for? Nathan’s nephews
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t remember…
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like to mail Christmas cards. Every year I want to send them out around the 1st of December, but again this year I’m just getting them out now!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (1947 version)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I’d be happy to buy gifts throughout the year as I find them, but I usually end up finishing my shopping a few days before Christmas.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If it’s something that doesn’t quite fit me (size, personality, color, etc.) I will donate it to Goodwill.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! I love my mom’s Christmas cookies, but we don’t live close anymore, so I don’t get to eat them :( I have the recipes, but I still haven’t tried to make them myself (I think I’m worried they won’t turn out as good as hers!)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, but I don’t like blinking lights. We used to decorate a large evergreen outside with big colored lights, and I thought that looked great.
17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas, anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? My parents go to Alabama for the winter, and the rest of my family is in Wisconsin, so it’s easier to stay home. Nathan’s family lives close, so we go to his parents’ house every year.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I think so…Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher…ok I can’t remember the rest from the song!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star of course!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crowds of people shopping!
I'm Terrie and I enjoy paper crafting, cross stitch, knitting and sewing. I also love reading and spending time outside in nature!