Hello! Today I wanted to share several cards I made using the same embossing folder. This is such a lovely look on cardstock! It also makes for a quick background panel :)
For each card I used kraft cardstock and a white card base. After using the embossing folder, I cut the panel slightly smaller than my card base. I also added some thin fun foam to the back of each panel for more dimension.
For my first card I blended some white pigment ink over the embossed sections of the background panel. I think I’ve seen Jennifer McGuire do this before, and it looks really cool. I need to practice a bit more…didn’t quite turn out the way I thought it would :)
I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut sentiment banner and punched a small hole in the top. I threaded the black & white twine through the hole, and wrapped the twine twice around the panel. Then I glued the panel to the card base.
On this card I die cut a stitched oval from black cardstock and stamped & heat embossed the greeting in white. I cut 2 more ovals and glued them all together to stand out a bit from the background panel.
With this card, I die cut ‘hello’ 3 times from black cardstock and glued them all together. It may not be obvious in the photo, but I also added some sparkle over the word. Everything looks better with sparkle, don’t you think? :)
On my last card, I again stamped & heat embossed the greeting in white on a black sentiment banner. I meant to cut 2 more banners to add some dimension to the sentiment, but I forgot until after I had already glued the banner to the panel.
It was fun to make multiple cards with the same main image, but switch up the greetings and placement.
Thanks for stopping by :) If you are in the US, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Otherwise, have a great day!
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink in Obsidian (card 1)
- Hero Arts Nesting Rectangle Infinity Dies
- Hero Arts Moonlit Night (sentiment) (card 1)
- Hero Arts MMH Kit September (sentiment) (card 2) – kit no longer available
- Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink (card 1)
- Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner Dies (cards 1 & 4)
- Lawn Fawn Thank You Stamp – freebie, no link (card 4)
- Simon Says Stamp Embossing Folder Leaf Bundle
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello Die (card 3)
- Sunny Studio Stamps Stitched Oval Dies (card 2)
- VersaMark Ink (cards 2 & 4)
- WOW! Embossing Powder in Bright White (cards 2 & 4)
- Zig Wink of Stella (card 3)
I'm Terrie and I enjoy paper crafting, cross stitch, knitting and sewing. I also love animals, reading and spending time outside in nature! When I'm online, you can usually find me on Instagram @starspry