Hi friends. I’m sure you’ve been watching the news about the war in Ukraine. It’s so sad to see what they are going through, but I’m very impressed with the strength and courage of the people who live there.
Although I don’t know anyone personally who lives in Ukraine, I have been following a wonderful card maker, Yana Smakula, for the last few years. Thankfully she and her family are safe, but I can’t imagine how scary it must be living in a war zone. If you are interested in helping Ukraine, she has donation information on her site.
Over the weekend I made 2 cards to show my support for Ukraine. They both use the colors blue & yellow for the Ukrainian flag.
On this card, I used a rectangular stencil to ink blend the blue and yellow inks onto a white card panel. After the ink was dry, I stamped the floral image and sentiment. I was glad to see I had a stamp with a sunflower on it, since it’s Ukraine’s national flower. Then I used 2 sizes of stitched rectangle dies to cut the white and yellow panels before adhering them to my card base.
For this card, I first stamped the floral image with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I again used the rectangle stencil and ink blended the same blue and yellow inks over the embossed floral image. I stamped the sentiment and used more stitched rectangle dies to cut everything before adhering to the card base.
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink in Obsidian
- Gina K. Designs Assorted Greetings stamp (card 1)
- Hero Arts/Gina K. Designs Friendship Blooms stamp (card 2)
- My Favorites Things Rectangle Extraordinaire Stencil
- Neat and Tangled Heartfelt Thanks stamp – no longer available (card 1)
- Paper Rose Stitched Rectangles
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China & Mustard Seed)
- VersaMark Ink
- WOW! Embossing Powder in Bright White
I'm Terrie and I enjoy paper crafting, cross stitch, knitting and sewing. I also love animals, reading and spending time outside in nature! When I'm online, you can usually find me on Instagram @starspry