Happy September friends! Gosh, I can’t believe how fast this year is going by! Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for my sister-in-law. I used a fun balloon stencil set I won from Newton’s Nook.
This is a cool layered stencil set that creates a fun bokeh effect with the balloons. Using the first layer, I added the yellow and orange ink. Then I lined up the balloons on the second layer and added green and blue ink. After letting the inks dry I stamped the sentiment in black. Then I stamped it again with versamark ink and heat embossed black powder so the sentiment would stand out a bit more.
Next I put the second layer stencil down again and used glitter gel to cover some of the inked balloons. After the glitter dried, I adhered the panel to a white card base.
Thanks for stopping by :) Have a great day!
- Altenew Ink Blending Brushes
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink in Obsidian
- Gina K. Designs Glitz Glitter Gel (Iridescent)
- Newton’s Nook Bokeh Balloons Stencil Set
- Sizzix In Bloom Sentiments
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Mowed Lawn & Broken China)
- VersaMark Ink
- WOW! Embossing Powder in Ebony