Hi friends :) For those of you celebrating Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful holiday! We had a lovely day with our family yesterday. Today Nathan & I are spending a quiet day at home; we even have snow this year.
As usual, I started working on my Christmas cards later than I planned, but I was able to make all my cards this year. I even got them mailed out by the 15th :)
I bought this as a kit last year, but didn’t have the opportunity to use it until this year. It’s a really fun kit that makes 80 card panels. The kit came with 4 stencils, 20 sheets of white cardstock, 20 sheets of kraft cardstock, and a sentiment stamp set.
I spent a weekend making the cards assembly line style – starting with the first stencil layer, I ink-blended a light green ink on all 40 pieces of cardstock, then switched to the second stencil layer and a darker green ink.
With the white cardstock, I used red ink for the berries stencil. I tried using the second (shadow) layer for the berries, but I wasn’t able to line it up properly, so I just skipped that shadow layer. On the kraft cardstock, I ink blended the berries with white ink.
After all the ink blending was done, I cut each piece of paper into quarters to get 4 card panels. I used several sentiments on 3 of the panels and adhered them to a white card base. I didn’t end up using the fourth panel, so I will be able to use those for cards next year :)
I also have 2 cards I made with a different stamp set I bought a few years ago.
For each of these cards I stamped the sweet village scene and some of the cute ice skating animals. I used markers and colored pencils to color the images. After die cutting everything, I adhered them to a red or turquoise panel and then adhered that to a white card base.
I used to love going ice skating, but haven’t done it in years. Do you like ice skating? When was the last time you played in the snow?
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!
- Altenew Tropical Forest Crisp Dye Ink (Olive & Moss)
- Clearly Besotted Skating Around (STAMPtember® 2020 Exclusive Collaboration – no longer available)
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink in Obsidian
- Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink
- Lawn Fawn Let It Shine Snowflakes – Collection Pack
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils
- Taylored Expressions Create-in-Quads Mistletoe Layering Stencils
- Taylored Expressions Create-in-Quads Paper Packs (Sugar Cube & Toffee)
- Taylored Expressions Modern Holiday Greetings Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (Festive Berries)